George W. McGonagill
George has been a General Contractor since 1979 and has built countless projects of all types. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Building Construction from the University of Florida. He founded Questar Construction in 1999 with the philosophy of providing quality construction services for clients working together as a team. He prides himself on being personally involved in each and every project.
Prior to founding Questar Construction, George was the Director of Construction Services for the Sarasota County School Board. He was responsible for all new construction, remodeling, renovations and re-roofing of all public school facilities in Sarasota County. George managed a $20 to $30 million construction program each year building facilities exceeding 5 million square feet. He returned to school board from 2008-2010 to serve as the Executive Director.
George started in the construction industry with E.E. “Gene” Simmons as a Project/Contracts Manager and later served as the company’s Executive Vice President and Corporate Director.
In addition to his work at Questar Construction, George actively participates in a wide variety of civic and charitable endeavors.
- Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
- Sarasota Economic Development Foundation – Board Member
- Coalition of Business Association (COBA) – Board Member
- Sarasota County Community Housing Trust – Board Member
- Gulf Coast Builders Exchange – Co-Chair, Membership Committee
- Community Associations Institute – Member
- Construction Specifications Institute – Member
- Education Foundation of Sarasota County – Volunteer, Grant Reviewer
- Community Foundation of Sarasota – Volunteer, Orchids for Non-Profit Program
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation – Volunteer, Grant Reviewer
- Education Foundation of Sarasota County – Past Board Member and Vice-Chair
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters – Past Board Member and Big Mentor
- New Gate School – Past Board Member and Chair
- Sarasota County Technical Institute – Past School Advisory Council Member